(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) – Sri Lanka’s private Catholic schools that have been closed since Easter Sunday bomb attacks last month might be opened on May 14, Archbishop of Colombo Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith said yesterday.
The Archbishop stressed that the schools will be opened following the assurance from the Security Forces that security of schools is affirmed.
At a press conference held yesterday (09), Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith said however, if there are fresh threats, .the schools would be opened after the Vesak holidays,
Cardinal Ranjith stated that if the country’s security is confirmed, services will be held in all churches this Sunday (12). He said the priests have been asked to decide whether to hold services at their churches depending on the security situation.
Meanwhile, the St. Sebastian’s Church in Katuwapitiya, Negombo will hold its first service after the Easter Sunday bomb attack today at 5 pm.