(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) – Sri Lanka has reported five more deaths today due to COVID-19 coronavirus disease raising the death toll from the viral disease to 53, according to health authorities.
As confirmed by the Director General of Health Services a short while ago, the following deaths have occurred due to COVID-19 infection today.
01. An 83 year old woman from Colombo 14 area has died at home. The cause of death has been attributed to infection of COVID-19 with high blood pressure and diabetes.
02. A 68 year old male resident of Chilaw area. He was transferred from Chilaw District Hospital to Mulleriyawa Base Hospital after being diagnosed as infected with COVID-19. The cause of death is said to be high blood pressure and hemorrhage in the brain due to COVID-19 virus infection.
03. A 69-year-old male from Ratmalana who was admitted to the hospital for chest pain and had died upon admission. The cause of death was ruled as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and COVID-19 related cardiac arrest.
04. A 78 year old male resident of Colombo 13 area died at home. The cause of death was ruled as a heart attack associated with COVID-19 infection.
05. A 64 year old male resident of Colombo 13 area died at home. The cause of death is ruled as asthma associated with COVID-19 infection.
Accordingly, Dr. Asela Gunawardena, Director General of Health Services confirmed that the death toll of COVID-19 infected patients from Sri Lanka has risen to 53.