(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) –Sri Lanka confirmed five deaths on Sunday due to COVID -19 raising the death toll from the viral disease to 502, according to health authorities.
The Director General of Health Services confirmed the following deaths caused by COVID -19 virus infection and accordingly the total number of deaths due to COVID -19 infection in Sri Lanka is 502 by now.
01. The deceased is a 74 years old male resident from Pallekele. He died on 02.03.2021 at while undergoing treatments at National Hospital Kandy. The Cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and bleeding to the brain.
02. The deceased is an 82 years old male resident from Nugegoda. He was diagnosed as infected with Covid 19 virus while undergoing treatments at Teaching Hospital Colombo South and transferred to the IDH Hospital where he died on 07.03.2021. The Cause of death is mentioned as lung infection with Covid pneumonia.
03. The deceased is a 72 years old male resident from Barawardhanaoya. He died on 07.03.2021 while undergoing treatments at General Hospital Badulla. The Cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 infection and a cancer.
04. The deceased is a 77 year old female resident from Mathara. She died on 25.02.2021on admission to Base Hospital Dambadeniya. The Cause of death is mentioned as Covid infection and acute heart disease.
05. The deceased is a 67 year old male resident from Kananthota. He died on 20.12.2020 at Karawanella Hospital. The Cause of death is mentioned as Covid Pneumonia.