More than 50 garment factory employees hospitalized

(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) –More than 50 employees working in a garment factory were hospitalized following a gas leak, today.

The employees had fainted after being choked by the gas leak and another 40 individuals were said to have been hospitalized last night.

Police investigations revealed that a chemical had leaked in the air compressor used for waste disposal.

Few employees were rushed to the Ragama Teaching Hospital and several others were rushed to the Ja-Ela divisional Hospital and Gampaha Hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

10 + fourteen =