(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) –Sri Lanka reported five deaths Sunday due to COVID-19 raising the death toll from the viral disease to 176, according to health authorities.
The Director General of Health Services confirmed following five (05) deaths caused by COVID-19 virus infection and accordingly the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 infection in Sri Lanka is 176 by now.
01. The deceased was a 71year old male from Panagoda area. The cause of death is blood poisoning and COVID-19 associated pneumonia.
02. The deceased was a 52 year old male from Colombo-08 area. He died on 17 December at his residence. The cause of death is pneumonia associated with COVID-19.
03. The deceased was a 71 year old female from Colombo 12. She was diagnosed as infected with COVID-19 and transferred from the Colombo National Hospital to Pimbura Base Hospital where she died on December 19. The cause of death is blood poisoning, cancer exacerbated by COVID-19.
04. The deceased was a 44 year old male from Colombo 02. He was diagnosed as infected with COVID-19 and transferred from the Colombo National Hospital to Welisara Chest Hospital He has died on 19 December. The cause of death is lung infection exacerbated by COVID-19.
05. The deceased was a 49 year old male from Bandaragama area. He has died upon admission to the Horana Base Hospital on 19 December. The cause of death is COVID-19 associated chest infection.