(COLOMBO, LANKAPUVATH) – Sri Lanka confirmed five deaths on Monday due to COVID -19 raising the death toll from the viral disease to 450, according to health authorities.
The Director General of Health Services confirmed the following deaths caused by COVID -19 virus infection and accordingly the total number of deaths due to COVID -19 infection in Sri Lanka is 450 by now.
01. The deceased is a 33 year old female from Dunagaha. She died on February 20 while undergoing treatments at Kurunegala Teaching Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid-19 infection, acute diabetes and acute kidney infection.
02. The deceased is an 82 year old female from Nugegoda. She has died on February 19 at her residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia.
03. The deceased is a 69 year old male from Colombo-12. He has died on admission to Colombo National Hospital on February 20. The cause of death blood poisoning associated with COVID-19 infection and urinary tract infection.
04. The deceased is an 82 year old female from Minuwangoda. She was transferred from Gampaha District Hospital to Mulleriyawa Base Hospital where she died on February 22. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and kidney damage.
05. The deceased is a 77 year old male from Colombo-13. He has died on February 20 at his residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia, acute diabetes and high blood pressure.