(LANKAPUVATH | COLOMBO) – This Women’s Day, celebrate the women who have enriched your life by making them feel special. And for those of you who aren’t able to show up in person, we’ve got you covered. All you need is the Uber app to book ‘Package’ delivery through Uber Connect and send your gift anywhere in the city. Whether it’s a favorite book, flowers, or a box of chocolates – let the special ones in your life know that you are thinking of them.
To mark this special day for women, we will be turning all routes in the Uber app purple for a day! The color purple has a long known history and association with the efforts to achieve gender equality and purple routes on the Uber app is our gentle nudge to remind Uber riders about this special day so that they can celebrate the women in their lives.
So be it a friend, teacher, mother, mentor, confidante, or more – go ahead and make them feel Uber special.
Steps to book an Uber Connect:
- Prepare your package and secure it
- Select ‘Package’ in the Uber app, agree to the terms and conditions, confirm that your package does not contain prohibited items, and request a delivery
- Reply to the message you’ll receive in the Uber app asking for the recipient’s name and mobile phone number and any special delivery instructions for your driver
- Meet the driver at your location and hand over your package to the driver*
- Instruct the recipient to meet the driver to retrieve the package.
Uber Connect was launched during the pandemic as a door-to-door package delivery service and has scaled over seven times in the past months. It aims to help make your life easier by sending your package to family or friends safely and securely. Bakery items, home food, and flowers are among the most frequently delivered items via Uber Connect.
All packages sent through Uber Connect should be transportable on a two-wheeler, be under 5 kilograms in weight, securely sealed, and not include prohibited items such as alcohol, recreational drugs, or dangerous and illegal items. A full list of prohibited items is here. Similar to on-demand trips, you will be able to continue monitoring the trip’s progress prior to pick up, en route, and at the drop-off. You can also share the delivery status with the recipient of the package.